Choose the best answer. Circle it. If you do not know the answer, leave it blank.
1. Tim and Sue________teachers.
2. This is Sébastien. He's________.
3. She's from Dublin. She________Irish.
4. They________Welsh. They’re from Scotland.
5. ________’s your first name?
6. Those are your books and________are mine.
7. I love music but I________like TV.
8. _______she like sport?
9. When________have lunch?
10. Do you like________DVDs?
11. They start________school at 8.00 in the morning.
12. Peter’s________name is Michael.
13. She’s very friendly but she________very quiet.
14. hasn't got________brothers and sisters.
15. They went to the beach with some friends ________ Sunday.
16. What________your father look like?
17. How many children________got?
18. She________jeans to work.
19. ________two armchairs and a sofa in the living room.
20. There aren’t________wardrobes in the main bedroom.
21. You________buy shoes in a post office.
22. There are a lot of CDs________the shelves.
23. The cinema is________the bank.
24. Can I have a________of milk, please?
25. There is________butter in the fridge.
26. How________vegetables do you eat every day?
27. He________afraid of the dark when he was young.
28. We________born in 1985.
29. My birthday is on February________.
30. ________they do a lot of sport when they were at school?
31. We________to New Zealand when I was six.
32. They________a taxi to the airport an hour ago.
33. ________did you last see them?
34. We went________at the weekend.
35. Is Chinese food________than Thai food?
36. Today is________than yesterday.
37. He stayed at the________hotel in town.
38. Can you tell me the________to the library?
39. They________their homework now.
40. We walked ten kilometres so we________hungry now.
41. What________doing at the moment?
42. He goes to work________train.
43. You________drive a car in the centre of town. It isn’t allowed.
44. You________to walk, you can take a bus.
45. He________to move to another country.
46. I’m________learn to cook.
47. Don't stay up late or you________be tired tomorrow.
48. Let’s________tennis this afternoon.
49. I’ve got the flu. I________take some medicine.
50. ________you spoken to Jenny?
51. ________does that jacket cost?
52. ________did you leave your job?
53. They________fly to India.
54. ________you like a coffee?
55. I________to go home now.
56. She________in Belgium at the moment.
57. Nick________gets up at 7 o’clock and leaves for work at 8 o’clock. He does this every day from Monday to Friday.
58. We go shopping________month.
59. I’m not keen on________.
61. Are you________the new exhibition at the National Gallery?
62. ________laptop is that? Is it Bob’s?
63. I have never________a dangerous sport.
64. ________he ever flown in a helicopter?
65. You________be late for school again.
66. You________wear a suit. It’s a very formal party.
67. I________dinner when I heard a strange noise.
68. When did she decide________married?
69. We should avoid________in August.
70. He’s studied Spanish________last year.
71. I don’t think I________get the job. I didn’t answer all their questions in the interview very well.
72. She________here this weekend.
73. We haven’t seen them________years.
74. How long have you________him?
75. I________wear a uniform to school.
76. Did they________in Australia?
77. She’s moving to Canada________she can study English.
78. I travelled around the world for a year ________ learn about other cultures.
79. He married the girl________used to sit next to him at school.
80. Children spend________hours watching TV.
81. I don't have________to do the things I enjoy.
82. Can I try this coat________, please?
83. It’s________beautiful house I've ever seen.
84. There’s more traffic and________space to walk in the streets nowadays.
85. I think travelling by plane is________easier than travelling by car.
86. She worked as a teacher in________Africa.
87. They live in________south of France.
88. He________to work in his company’s office in Shanghai.
89. I________that I'm like my father.
90. The postman hasn't delivered the parcel________.
91. My brother________passed his exams.
92. A lot of people think that when they________, they’ll have lots of free time, but often they don’t.
93. What________happen if he doesn't get here in time?
94. If you save some money, you________to worry any more.
95. He________me my book would be a great success.
96. She told me she________buy me a new phone.
97. What would they do if they________have any money?
98. I’d do more exercise if I________time.
99. ________be possible to reserve a table for tonight?
100. Could you________a good film?
102. Who________all this mess?
103. He’s French but he________in London at the moment.
104. What________of doing now?
105. I________so tired that I went to bed shortly after dinner.
106. Have you told them the good news________?
107. ________Thai food?
108. We________to work yesterday when we heard a loud crash behind us.
109. They realised they________to take her address so they had to go back and get it.
110. He________there before so he found it very exciting.
111. We________on holiday tomorrow so I hope the weather stays warm.
112. They________to call at this time of night. It's very late.
113. Do you think they________the championship?
114. The room________look more cheerful if you paint it yellow.
115. He________to pass his driving test this time. He’s making too many mistakes.
116. People________smoke in public buildings. It is not allowed.
117. You________enter the marathon if you don’t want to.
118. My advice is that you________find another job. You can’t work with that awful boss any more.
119. I________be very good at sports when I was a teenager.
120. She________often sit in the garden after coming home from work.
121. Swimming is one of the________ways to get fit.
122. The red shoes were________expensive than the black ones.
123. That shop’s not________it used to be.
124. We________have to leave yet, do we?
125. His father was a famous writer,________?
126. I can't work if I________very hungry.
127. He won't pass the exam________he doesn’t study hard for it.
128. Could I borrow your car if I________to drive it carefully?
129. He________see the film if he went with an adult.
130. If I________you, I’d take it back to the shop.
131. How long have you________the violin?
132. I________listening to jazz music.
133. He________swim by the time he was five but he hasn’t learnt to dive yet.
134. We________to go to the match but we managed to watch it on TV.
135. I’ve just seen________perfect car for you!
136. I didn't know they had a summer cottage ________ south coast of Spain.
137. They seem to have________money but they don't have many friends.
138. We don't have________time to go on holiday.
139. That’s the beach________I first met your father.
140. Is that the coat________you said you wanted to buy?
141. I’ve got a new job,________is why I’ve moved to Brussels.
142. We________arrived on time if the traffic hadn't been so bad.
143. What________if you hadn't been there?
144. They________told what to do yet.
145. Their furniture________by Anne’s husband, who used to be a carpenter.
146. They didn't want to stay late but the boss said they________to.
147. She said she________to do it last weekend.
148. I asked her if she________my new mobile.
149. He promised________me decorate my house.
150. Why don’t we________to take them to the airport?
151. What________at the end of the film? I missed it.
152. Do you mind me asking how old________?
153. ________if you’d like to meet up tomorrow.
154. They________in a large house for twenty years before moving to a bungalow.
155. Have you heard from your brother________?
156. I________for my car keys for half an hour and I still haven’t found them!
157. Billy________watching motorbike races.
158. Her parents are very proud. She ________ a fantastic job in a well known law firm.
159. How much do you think he________as director of the company?
160. You should________what to do when you get to the office.
161. He________for his plane for an hour when it was suddenly cancelled.
162. When we walked into the hotel, a log fire ________ in the fireplace.
163. My car’s just broken down for the third time. I wish I________it.
164. If only________a foreign language. I didn't have the choice at school.
165. Jim________sharing a flat but now he prefers to live on his own.
166. Liane________complaining about her long drive to work. In the end, she decided to change jobs.
167. They________us at the weekend. It depends on the weather.
168. He________hungry when he gets home from football practice.
169. We________to get married next April.
170. How many people have climbed________Mount Everest?
171. The children played in the garden with ________ ball I’d given them.
172. If you lend me €200, I________you back at the end of the month.
173. If I________to your proposal, when could we sign the contract?
174. Children under 15 could attend________they were with an adult.
175. We________show our passports when we left the country.
176. 175 We had very little petrol left in the car but we________home in the end.
177. This time tomorrow, they________in San Francisco. How exciting!
178. When do you think you________painting the house?
179. There are still________citizens who feel unhappy about the changes made by the government.
180. ________of people rely on public transport to get to work these days.
181. Dad says he________to cook pasta for dinner tonight.
182. The teacher wanted to know why________his homework last night.
183. They told________start work the following Monday.
184. If she________to be fluent in French, she could have applied for the job.
185. They________here by now if the train had been on time.
186. If I hadn't ignored my parents advice, I ________ a great musician.
187. ________ a world class athlete is a lot harder than it looks.
188. You’d________late for work again or you’ll get fired.
189. She went to the doctor because she keeps ________ headaches.
190. She finally stopped________when the price of cigarettes went up again.
191. I’ll never________snow for the first time.
192. Do you ever regret________Canada and returning to your home country?
193. We________a serious accident when you drove through that red light!
194. The neighbours________the music from your party. It was terribly loud. You should go and apologise to them.
195. The gym________I go to work out is open twenty-four hours a day.
196. I wasn't keen on the restaurant________we went to last weekend.
197. They’re having lunch with his girlfriend’s parents,________live in Brighton.
198. I almost fell over a pile of books________on the carpet.
199. A book________by a twelve-year-old girl has won a €10,000 prize.
200. __________people’s names has always been something I’ve found incredibly difficult.